Top 5 highest paid WVU players in the NFL
Soon after NFL free-agency began, J.T. Thomas signed a large contract with the New York Giants. That got me to thinking: who has the largest contracts among WVUPros in the NFL going into next season? Here’s the list. The number one player might surprise you.
5. Adam Pacman Jones – Signed a three-year, $5.35 million contract in 2013. The deal contains $1.5 million guaranteed, including a $750,000 signing bonus. Jones is eligible for an annual $100,000 workout bonus throughout the contract’s life. Free-agent after this season.
4. Bruce Irvin – Signed a four-year, $9.342 million contract in 2012. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $5,234,328 signing bonus. Will become a free-agent after this upcoming season.
3. J.T. Thomas – Signed a three-year, $12 million contract. The deal contains $4.5 million guaranteed. Thomas is eligible for an annual $25,000 workout bonus throughout the contract’s life. Becomes a free-agent in 2018.
2. Tavon Austin – four-year $12.751 million contract in 2013. Set to become a free-agent in 2017.
1. Pat McAfee – Signed a a five-year, $14.5 million contract in 2014. Will be a free-agent in 2018.
Two of the five players on this list (Geno Smith would have been No. 6) are in their rookie contracts.
If Kevin White gets drafted in the top-10 of this year’s NFL Draft, then he will join this list.
(All contract information comes via Rotoworld.com.)