This group of 20 Mountaineer seniors went out in historic fashion after defeating the Clemson Tigers 70-33 in the Orange Bowl. Now as this group of young men finish their careers in Gold n’ Blue, they will look to the next phase in their lives. For most, that means being a part of the working class, for at least eight of the seniors, it means living their life long dreams with the possibility of playing on Sundays in the NFL.
Below, I list those seniors with the best chances of getting drafted in the 2012 NFL Draft. I give you the players, their position rating among other seniors in the nation, and where they are projected to go in the NFL Draft. In the weeks and months leading to the NFL Draft, you can keep checking with WVU Pros as your main source to follow these players through the pre-Draft process to see how they perform in workouts, drills, and if they’re invited, to the NFL Combine. I will also keep you up-to-date on what the Draft gurus have to say about the high-profile players in this Draft class such as Bruce Irvin and Keith Tandy.
I used a website called NFLDraftScout to get these ratings.
Mountaineer NFL Prospects
- Eain Smith is rated #43 out of 122 FS’s.
- Najee Goode is #25 out of 103 ILBs.
- Don Barclay is #19 out of 222 OT’s. Projected 7th Round or FA.
- Tyler Urban is rated #9 out of 115 TE’s. Projected 7th round.
- Julian Miller is rated #13 out of 235 DE’s. Projected 6th Round.
- Brad Starks is rated #49 out of 334 WR’s.
- Keith Tandy is rated #15 out of 251 CB’s. Projected 4-5 Round.
- Bruce Irvin is rated #5 out of OLB’s. Projected 2nd Round.