Here are some bits of information we have gleaned from the first few days of training camp about your favorite West Virginia Mountaineers playing in the NFL, including Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey looking impressive at Rams camp.
You can only get mere snapshots on a camp tour, but in Jets camp the picture I’m getting is that Geno Smith is noticeably better in Year 2.
— Don Banks (@DonBanks) July 25, 2014
- The Seahawks placed Bruce Irvin on the preseason PUP list while he recovers from offseason hip surgery. He can come off the list at any time and start practicing, but if he is not healthy before Week 1, the team could place him on the regular season PUP list, where he would miss the first six weeks of the season.
– The Panthers released rookie DT Shaq Rowell.
– The Bengals waived rookie OT Curtis Feigt with the “left squad” designation.
– The Packers’ coaching staff surprised onlookers at practice on Saturday when Don Barclay got first-team reps at RG over T.J. Lang at Packers practice.
– Najee Goode recovered a fumble on a kickoff during the Eagles special teams session on Saturday and returned it for a TD.
– Ellis Lankster broke up a pass from Geno Smith on Saturday that was intended for new #1 receiver Eric Decker.
– Ryan Mundy has lined up as one of the starting safeties for the Bears thus far during practices. He came over from the Giants during the offseason as a free-agent.
– Multiple onlookers at Rams practices say that Stedman Bailey looks like the best receiver on the team so far. He’s getting good separation and making moves after the catch. He made a nice double-move on one play that would have resulted in a touchdown.
Charles Sims was great running and receiving today. Always open as a receiver and has great hands. Awesome on stretching running plays.
— Eric Dellaratta (@EricDellaratta) July 27, 2014
Keep it here throughout the preseason for more updates on these players and more.